SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimalf

Small beginning of my collection

mimalf
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Since I was a kid I loved to sneak to my mom's carnosa and steal the sweet nectar with my little fingers. I never thought of growing hoyas because they seemed so big, and tangled... But after trying plumerias that I didn't have luck with (especially rooting them), I started looking into hoya because I remembered my mom saying how easy they root, and that she gave a cutting during the years to everyvody in the small town they live in.

So I searched info about hoya and each and every HD, Lowe's, Walmart, Target, Costco around our area for more than a year. I finally found 2 hoyas at a local nursery but they were the compact ones (Hi du rope) that don't look really appealing to me, so I ended up ordering online, first from the violet barn. They sent a free one with the 3 I ordered. Too bad it was the same as one of thwm, and not a different one. Also, they don't say on their website the exact size of the rooted plants they have, so I was kind of surprised of how tiny they were. But with TLC, they started growing and now they're on their way to conquer my dining room. Well, not really.

I was curious if someone knows what could be the reasong behind cutting few of the leaves before shipping the plants. Maybe they were having some health problems!

Here are a few photos of them.

Comments (35)

Sponsored