SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cwalen

Need help for my awkward outdated master bath....

Cara Walen
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We live in a 1930's cape cod. It has your typical side gable roof with dormer windows along front. Our master bath was installed by previous owners in the late 1990's and it's dark and dated. Not to mention a bit awkward.

We would like to repurpose the tub/shower into a larger frameless glass enclosed shower (and get rid of the smaller vanity next to it for add'l space for the larger shower). We would like to swap out the vanity that will remain with a larger vanity with an offset sink to provide more countertop space if both husband and I are getting ready at same time in the morning. Typically we aren't using the sinks at the same time...hence why his smaller one can go.

The issue is - the sloped gable roof line is a hindrance and the toilet needs to stay where it is (in one of the two dormer spaces in the room).

Below are a few current setup photos, along with a quickie layout (not to scale, I didn't take dimensions before I left the house today).

We want to brighten the space....and get rid of the never used tub. We will re-tile and replace vanity, sink and toilet. Not sure how the glass door needs to be configured.

Suggestions???

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor