Wine Grape Sources

GeneJr(9A)

I'm wanting to plant Barbera and Tempranillo grapes next year and only found three sources, one of which has a lot of bad reviews. The two good sources are Double A Vineyards and Grafted Grapevine Nursery. I'd like to have another source or two if available. Does anyone have a good source for small orders (< 50 vines)? Thanks.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b(9b)

We have to destroy our vineyard because of leafroller disease, so I'm going to Double A, but we need about 40 vines. Going to replace all with Zinfandel mainly because it head trains well and we are on a slope. Tempranillo is a very aggressive vine. It will take over!

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FarmerBIll(6a)

Double A is located about 30 miles from me. We have sourced all of our wine grapes from them with excellent results. The blue ribbon Vidal in my profile pic are from a Double A vine.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Sea Grape, a Hardy Coastal Delight
Up to the high-tide line or even indoors, sea grape draws smiles for its looks and cheers for its tenacity
Full Story
Red Foliage Great Design Plant: 'Roger's Red' California Wild Grape
Lush, vivid and a considerate provider of snacks for wildlife, this deciduous vine is especially spectacular in a fall garden
Full Story
Gardening for Butterflies Great Design Plant: 'Charity' Oregon Grape
Giving nectar to hummingbirds and delicious berries to all, 'Charity' is a four-season garden delight that lives up to its name
Full Story
Naplex Construction LLC is an experienced residential builder and developer. Our team of professional staff and... Read More