SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cunninghamz1987

HELP , tomatoe seedling looking bad , (pics )

zak
9 years ago

hello , im new here but not new to gardening , im having some troubles this year with my tomato starts , verities , giant belgium , ukrainian purple and plum lemon ( wonderlight )

i started them about a month ago , germination rate was good aroud 90% on all 3 types ,, there being grown under brand new t5 tubes 54 watt 6400 k ,, they had a deep purple color like ive never seen before on the under sides of the leaves wich i dont really understand why , room temp is 74 to 76 ,, i check soil temps few times and they were around the 70 ,,, seems like the seedling got locked up and couldnt take in phosphorus instantly ,,, the plum lemon type started to show leaf curl about 3 days after first true leaves poped out , and now all 3 sets of leaves have intense leaf curling , rolled right up ,,, in the last week all my other types belgium and purple have begun to curl to , and what look like maybe some desiase starting

pictures included the best i can get with my phone

sorry about my bad spelling and grammer :)

this is the plum lemon type

another plum lemon ,, this type shows the most leaf curl from any others

belgium giant type

another angel same plant ,, eventully this leaf will fall off right at the main stem

top down view belgium giant type ,, its hard to tell in the pic ,, but some of the same spot and edges damage is starting to happen up on the higher leafs also

the spotting and edge damage is also dry i can touch it and it crumbles away but it remains the same color as the leaf just a lighter shade , on green leaves aswell ,, followed by the leaf dropping off a day or 2 later

:(

any help will be great

thanks

Comments (7)