SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michael_julson

Husqvarna 5424S won't start

Michael Julson
9 years ago

Was mowing the lawn yesterday with my 2013 RZ5424S zero turn with Kawasaki 24hp mother, everything seemed fine. Turned it off to take a break, came back a few minutes later and turning the key, the starter doesn't spin. This is what i did to troubleshoot...

Tested battery - voltage is 12.6v. Is this enough? Should I try jumping it with a charger anyways?

Pulled off wire plug from seat switch, looked fine, plugged it back in. I also tried jumping the plug with a wire by passing the switch, assuming the switch closed the circuit to indicate someone was sitting in the seat. (Is this accurate?)

Checked fuses, wires to solenoid, obvious places. Everything fine. Nothing was corroded or indicated problems.

I checked voltage on starter side of solenoid while turning key and no voltage that side. 12.6v on the battery side, so voltage is getting there.

Solenoid and seat switch is $30 from local parts place, but can't get them till next week. Wondering if I should order them and replace it.

The other thing I'll add, is when I turn the key to the first position, I here something being energized, but can't identify what's making the energize relay type noise. When I turn it to the further position to spin the starter, I hear nothing.

Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions