SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rnsosby

Am I being totally unreasonable?

RayNell
8 years ago

My son has three children by his first wife, 6 year old and 5 year old twins. Their bio mother's rights have been terminated, she has not seen the children since they were 16 months and 2-1/2. My son works out of town 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off and my husband and I take care of his children while he is at work. A little over three years ago he and his current wife met and moved in together. She has a child from a previous relationship, a 6 year old. My son and now daughter-in-law had a child 16 months ago. Although my son and DIL live as a family, have their own home, etc., she refuses to keep his children while he is at work, though they do go to their dad's when he is home. My DIL and I have gotten into a huge argument because I believe it is time for her to raise all of their children, not just her biological children. The kids call her mommy, she is the only "mother" they know. This, of course, has caused a huge rift with my son, as I do not understand how he can allow this to happen. Am I being unreasonable? She KNEW he had three children before she became involved with him and married him. She KNEW that he had sole custody of them. I have told my son that either they live as a family all of the time or he needs to rethink his marriage. If she cannot accept his children then why is he with her? PLUS...This grandma just wants to be grandma. I love my grandkids but I don't want to raise them.

Comments (4)

Sponsored