SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

New soaker hose seems to be good for evenly moistening garden

Well, the garden spigot is still on, keep your fingers crossed. I purchased a 50' soaker hose, twice as long as the one I got the day before (which will be returned). I can get one of the two garden plots watered in a 3 hr. period, so I will alternate nights. I think this will be good for my roses, because it doesn't get the foliage wet and thus invite fungal diseases like black spot. It would have a selling point for the nasty co-op manager because it supposedly uses 70% less water, and wasn't he just complaining to me that our water costs have increased 3-fold recently?

And, wish me luck----after covering the wires in the wire cat-face planter with clear aquarium filter tubing that I slit to fit over the wires (can't have any pointy things, right?), I planted the coir basket under the wire cat face with purple fine-striped trailing petunias, light yellow calibrachoa, pink calibrachoa and a little bronze-leafed red wax begonia for an accent. The basket is set upon a 15" high black tripod plant stand. I situated it next to my Marmalade heuchie to provide needed shading from the sun that sneaks in between my building and the next building, which also upsets my Yellow Polka Dot Bikini. My neighbor immediately loved it. Now we have to see what kind of firestorm its presence generates. I hope it just won't be noticed. It is in the lee of a beautiful dwarf spirea I planted to shade my Midas Touch heuchie from that sneaky sun leaking in.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES