SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zacharys

For Skybird- Invasive tamarisk (or other weeds)

ZachS. z5 Platteville, Colorado
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

So, this isn't JUST for Skybird, but she brought up tamarisk in another topic which I had initially thrown way off course. Sorry again, Julia. So, in an effort to put the crazy train back on track, I'm going to start a whole new thread!

Skybird originally wrote:

"...you have any good info about tamarisk/Tamarix mitigation and/or eradication? (beyond the mites) Another imported species--that was "imported" to FIX a problem, and only wound up causing worse problems! Any info, or places to find info, would be appreciated."

I don't have any handy information (I wish I had seen this this morning) the noxious weed book I keep at the house only has ID info, not control info! BUT! I am pretty sure I have a brochure at work on tamarisk control if you want I will grab one and bring it to the swap with me!

Also, I know Jefferson County has an online database on noxious and invasive weeds that list control measures as well, and here is the link for their page on tamarisk.

http://jeffco.us/weed-and-pest-management/weeds/weed-identification/saltcedar-%28tamarisk%29/

You can also check out the Colorado Weed Management Association website at www.cwma.org

Comments (15)