SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purslanegarden

The amount of water you use

9 years ago

Sitting here reading about more CPs and their care, it just occurred to me, how are the people with lots of CPs handling the watering part? (ie, lots meaning that maybe you have an green house or section of GH dedicated to them, or that you have an outdoor area for several plants, even if they are all in pots and containers). For example, it might be in a green house. With the relatively high humidity, maybe watering is not needed as much as another setup. However, with a large collection, are you still using distilled water from the store or have you gotten your own RO or distillation equipment?

I imagine it could be that water left in the green house would evaporate and then condense on the green house walls and ceilings, though I do remember reading some people still leave their plants in trays with water.

As I was thinking about this, I also realized I didn't give any distilled water from about October - February. I was pretty much able to depend on outdoor precipitation, which is different from March to Sept, when I was watering them manually. I didn't even realize change of pattern had happened as I was mentally estimating my gallons of distilled water that I would go through as I get more and more CPs.

Comments (3)

Sponsored