SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purslanegarden

New favorite: Sedum autumn joy

purslanegarden
9 years ago

My mom has a lot of plants I can't identify, but the longer I spend in the plant world learning and studying, I eventually notice that she has a lot of the same plants I want (after I learn more about it, that is). For example, a flowering perennial sedum like the autumn joy? Gotta have that!

However, it's one thing to read about it, see pics of mostly flowers, and then see the real thing after finding it at some nursery. After I saw the mature plant at a nursery, I kept thinking.."hey this looks familiar. OMG. My mom has it already." Of course, my mom is one who likes plants because they are pretty or have pretty blooms. (In fact, we just planted 2 rose of sharons this weekend, and she was already telling me how beautiful they will look when they bloom). She doesn't really know all their names, so it's been fun also to find the plants that she has, and learn what they are called.

So far, I'm the only child of us 4 siblings who has gotten into gardening and plants, so it's also a way of preparing for the day when I'll be the one who takes over all her plants. *sniff, sniff*

I've read many stories about adult children who didn't know what to do with their parents' plants or garden. For my case, I'll hope to be ready and able to take care of them when the time comes. In the meantime, I am finding out that many plants which I like are the same ones she has or that she likes also, so that's a fun way to have some experiences together.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!