SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanzjade

Name please.....crassula.........?

nanzjade z5 MA
9 years ago

Does anyone have an i.d. ? I just adore this new find!

Different views of the cutie....

Thanks!

Nancy

Comments (25)

• palmbob
    9 years ago

Think that might be a form of Cotyledon orbicularis (aka Cotyledon macrantha)

nanzjade z5 MA thanked palmbob
  • hablu
    9 years ago

Yup. Cotyledon.
    harry

nanzjade z5 MA thanked hablu
  • breton2
    9 years ago

I third that ID...

nanzjade z5 MA thanked breton2
  • Laurent - French Riviera (zone 9a)
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    nanzjade z5 MA thanked Laurent - French Riviera (zone 9a)
  • bens2bens
    9 years ago

What is the identifiing trait that distinguishes this plant from Crassula arborescens? Except the flowers offcourse ...

Ben

nanzjade z5 MA thanked bens2bens
  • nanzjade z5 MA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Palmbob, Harry, Brenton & Laurent!
    You were all very helpful :)

This will be my first Cotyledon. My plan is to plant it into a gritty mix, let dry well before watering and lots of southern sun. If anything else, please give a shout.

Nancy

• camellia1_gw
    9 years ago

Your plant kind of looks similar to the one Christopher has.

• hablu
    9 years ago

For my it is that the leafs (leaves?) are strictly opposite.
    Harry

• bens2bens
    9 years ago

Thanks for the explanations Harry and Laurent. Maybe another sign for Cotyledon might be the distinctivly pointed end of the leaf.

Laurent do you have pictures of your cotyledon? Just checked your flickr account and saw that only 4 of your beautifull pictures remained in your fotostream.

9 years ago

Ben, I will take a photo :)

I have removed my Flickr photos because they have been stolen by websites and nurseries . Some of them even added their own watermarks on my photos.
    I will post the photos on Flickr again but with my copyright mark in the center of each photo. The problem is that I can't do it now because I can't stay seated for too long. I'm not old but I'm struggling against a chronic inflammation of the spine and the pelvis, among several autoimmune issues.

• bens2bens
    9 years ago

Laurent, I'm looking forward to see your pics again. I made the same experience with some of my pictures. It is really hard to avoid this with a puplic fotostream.

All the best and good recovery,

Ben

• hablu
    9 years ago

I recommend photobucket. You can lock all your pictures only for private use,
    Harry

• bens2bens
    9 years ago

also in flickr it is possible to make pictures private ... however, it is always nice to share pictures with the community and to get comments and discussions and maybe meet new people that have the same interests.

9 years ago

Thank you very much Ben ;)

Thank you Harry for the advice.

I wanted to ask something : when you post a photo on Gardenweb, is there a transfer of property from you to Houzz ? Or do you remain the only owner of the photo ? Can Houzz use your photos without your permission ?

• nanzjade z5 MA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Camellia, yes my cotyledon looks similar to Christopher's plant with the dull leaves and little points at the tip. Perhaps if it grows larger or flowers there will be more indicators of what it is.

Laurent, I would love to see your variegated cotyledon when you are up to it, feel better and get plenty of rest.

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

I still think my little plant is Crassula ovata obliqua.

• nanzjade z5 MA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for another view of it Christopher! The leaves really have a pleasant wave to them. Its just the triangular point had thrown me off a bit, but after looking at Crassula ovata obliqua photos I see there can be those same points.

• Martin
    9 years ago

Laurent,

very nice. I am also looking for this plant. Do you have it from Australia?

Martin

9 years ago

Australia ? No. They sell it in Australia ? I bought a mini 2cm cutting to a japanese collector in 2009 or 2010. It took me 2 years of negociations to get it. Variegated Cotyledons grow much more slowly than jades. This one is not very variegated at the moment but sometimes it produces very variegated leaves.

• Martin
    9 years ago

I found one in Australia, but don't have photo. I am still negociating..

• Martin
    9 years ago

But is interesting that all these countries like Japan, Korea have many variegaties. For example those haworthias over 1 000 EUR/piece are coming from South Korea.

• camellia1_gw
    9 years ago

Thanks for the pic Laurent! Looks great!...like an obliqua almost

• ehuns27 7a PA
    9 years ago

Christopher, definitely obliqua! Yours doesn't have the prominent point at the tip of the leaf that the Cotyledon seems to have and the underside of your leaves are red. That small cutting I posted on the thread debating yours before looks exactly like that!

-Erica