SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dbarronoss

Dbarron Property/Plans

dbarron
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Ok, TexasRanger2, here's your err preview as requested. The waters have receeded and the lake has ran dry, since God stopped pouring the waters every other day onto us. I was about to think I should pray for someone to part the waters (joke...all joke). Point of fact, I've had to WATER some new transplants last couple of days...but we're about to get a storm so probably will be soaked again.

This is the front view (overall)...I have planted a magnolia virginiana (Sweet Bay) and Chionanthus virginiana (fringe tree) which you probably won't be able to pick out..the sweet bay is about six foot tall and sparsely leaved, since it's just now budding out. The existing shrubbery is totally privet and euonymus and MUST go...ongoing project.

This shot shows a raised area (old stump)...I have various wildflowers planted around it. I tried planting some stuff inside it...but the birds insist on scratching for ants daily...so that didn't work.
Along the front was a creeping euonymus creeping up into the attic...I have removed it and planted passiflora incarnata hybrid 'Incense' there, along with (accidental pot mates) 'Lady in Red' salvia coccinea. I will be adding some bulbs there (couple crinums and a hymenocallis, not sure what else...possibly my one surviving lantana goes there too?)
Dark dim east facing with privets and black cherries along the fence. Will probably leave privets. I have a tiny Panda Bamboo planted just behind the obnoxious corner privet that must go soon. It's a clumper and should reach 6 or 7 feet eventually. Not really a great place, not even violets grow there.

This is along the front entry way...not exactly where I would plant cannas and rose bushes..but the previous owner did. I was going to rip them out..but decided to wait and see what I thought I wanted to replace with, perhaps in the fall.

Comments (21)