SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mchez09

Need Help New Tree New to Bonsai

mchez09
9 years ago

Hello everyone, my name is Mitchell over the winter I decided to take up a new hobby, "Bonsai" over the last several months I've emersed myself in the many usefull resources online and gained a basic knowledge of the art, aswell I've been gardening for many years. Now today I woke up to a friendly visit from my neighbour who brought me this "Bonsai Tree" he said the nursery was killing it and that he knew I was the one to bring it to. Unbelievingly I accepted the gift knowing I'm not ready yet. I went and bought a bag of Hoffman's bonsai soil mix aswell as 10/10/10 liquid fertilizer. The glued on rocks and moss must be removed immediately, that I know, Repotting a bonsai, that I feel safe with aswell, what I'm uncertain about is there is more than one tree here the ginseng ficus I know but the others I do not, I believe one is dead or very close and I don't know if I should repot all trees together or separate I collected a few training pots and a few small round 4in tall by 4in wide pots, were do I go from here to keep these trees alive?

Comments (13)

Sponsored