SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reoma

Seeking Inexpensive Stones for a Rock Garden Project

9 years ago

I have a narrow flower bed (approximately 15 to 20 feet long by 5' to 6' at its widest point—shaped sort of like a long pork chop—it's set against a 6' high retaining wall that separates my property from my neighbor's and the wall of the bed is made from stone). I'd like to create a small rock garden. The area gets partial sun. I'd like to decorate with 6 to 8 medium to small boulders. Where can I find inexpensive rocks of this size (is under $25 feasible) and is it okay to take rocks from along roadsides (I live in southern California)? I have a small budget for this project and not a huge space. I have some vertical bushes along the retaining wall with three rose bushes towards the wide end. I typically do wide, circular low to the ground potted plants (to keep the gophers out of the plants). I recently ordered some "50 + Aubrieta Rock Cress Mix Flower Seeds" (perennial) that I think will look nice nestled against the rocks adding color and variety. See attached/above for an image that I'm aiming for. I'm hoping to begin my project next weekend but want to obtain and lay the rocks first and then work the seeds around them. Looking forward to any advice. Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored