SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbaspal

Differences between Bosch Benchmark and Thermador Masterpiece lines?

kitchengirl
9 years ago

We are building a new home in central Iowa and I've been reading-up on appliances for a year, as it was 11 years ago when I did this last (and used Gardenweb heavily then, too).

I plan to use a 36" induction cooktop and either double convection wall ovens OR one steam-convection/combi oven + one convection wall oven.

I am close to ruling out Miele, as we are an hour from Des Moines and this state is lightly-populated, so I doubt I can get quality Miele service (our Factory Direct Appliance store is dropping Miele from their showroom this year). I've ruled out Wolf, as it seems ridiculous that an expensive appliance brand can't definitively fix their porcelain issue within one - two years.

I have generally been leaning toward the Thermador CIT365K induction cooktop, and am considering buying Thermador convection wall ovens or steam-convex + convex oven, perhaps to qualify for the package discount (most of the time, I find myself buying one of each brand, but I'm "hoping" to simplify).

I may be missing some subtleties in the controls, but I like the layout of the cooktop and the frameless option, and the high wattage of 4600 in the center burner is a plus.

I just became aware of the Bosch Benchmark side-swing ovens, which might be great for me, as I'm only 5'1" on a good day. So I'm finally getting back to my basic question:

What should one know about the differences between Thermador and Bosch Benchmark? I have noticed that their prices are very similar comparing like items.

Could the Benchmark line be of newer design, as Thermador did a massive renewal of their products for 2012 with the new warranties (after purchase by BSH)?

I would greatly appreciate comments on both brands, as well as clarification on how BSH differentiates the two product lines. I have gathered over the years that Thermador is always given short-shrift, somehow, on these boards. THANKS!!

Comments (12)