SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

How to tie up loose financial ends.

Aims
9 years ago

I have a couple of things that I need to tie up.

1. We have a $300 mail in rebate for our kitchen appliances. We bought our appliances from Ferguson, but I haven't heard anything about that. I figure that takes several weeks to receive that. But didn't know if we are supposed to fill out paperwork or they are supposed to do it for us?

2. We changed our mind on our kitchen backsplash. I went to the business that we bought it from and they said the tile could be returned. I have not seen any of that money. I don't know the cost of it and it would have been paid for with our construction loan. The cost would be around $400-$500. I ended up buying this awesome backsplash from Home Depot, surprisingly! We decided to pay for that out of pocket.

3. Our master bathroom was originally single hole Delta faucets. When we met with our THIRD Ferguson consultant (long story,) I spoke up and said that I would really like the widespread faucets. Our new consultant did not tell us or maybe wasn't informed that when we had changed our minds on the faucets, that the single faucets had already been ordered and were in. So when we moved in, we turned them un-opened and unused back into our builder. Haven't seen the money from them.

Should my builder be taking care of these things? If I add it up...$300 for mail in rebates, $400ish for backsplash, and $200ish for the faucets. That's a good chunk of change. I want this money back as I am not in possession of the backsplash or the single hole faucets.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!