SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smtebo61

Can Viking refuse a refund on a range?

smtebo61
9 years ago

On a cobalt blue range and microwave actually. Both were delivered about 10 days ago and both were defective out of the box. The microwave control pad does not display numbers or letters but hieroglyphs of some sort. The oven in the 5 series range does not heat up. I turn it on and wait 20 or 30 minutes for it to heat up to 400 or 500 degrees and when I go back the oven is barely warm. There is a occasional clicking during the process like the igniters are trying to re-light. I know they light initially but they must be going out shortly there after.

I know I took a gamble on the Viking name. I have read all the reviews both here and on other sites, but there were comments too that in the last couple of years, new management had started to turn the company around, so I took the chance because the range is so beautiful. Unfortunately looks don't cook food.

So Now I'm stuck with going through the return process. Viking is sending out a repairman next week to verify that the problem exists. The retail store I bought the range from is defaulting to Viking's judgement and can not authorize a return until the repairman comes out and verifies the problems.

At this point I have lost all faith in the company and the product and now not only believe all the other bad reviews but anticipate that all the problems will happen to me sooner or later! I just want to return the items and replace them with another brand ASAP. My question is can Viking refuse to accept the return and not refund me my money (almost 8K) so I can move on? Malfunctions aside, I would think that if I just did not like the product that they would have to take it back since it has only been two weeks that I have had it.

Comments (54)