SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittyfam

I'm new here, thought I'd let you know... :)

Else
9 years ago

I don't know if this forum is too big for people to even bother introducing themselves; do you all recognize each other, or are there too many people here for that, are you all strangers to each other, or do you start forming some kind of friendships?

Anyway, I thought I would let you all know I'm here, and excited to have found this place to ask random veggie garden questions and other stuff regarding household. My husband and I have three kids, all teens now (wow! How did that happen???) and two cats. Thanks for letting me join you all!

Comments (43)

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Hi Kittyfam!!!!

A warm welcome from Southwestern Ontario! I'm mom to 3 cats.

Where are you located?

• Alisande
    9 years ago

Hi, Kittyfam! I don't know how big this forum is anymore; since GardenWeb moved to Houzz, things have . . . um . . . expanded. But we're still a good group, just bigger.

Welcome, and thanks for the introduction. Where do you live? I'm in Pennsylvania, on an old farm. I'm getting old too. :-)

• susie53_gw
    9 years ago

Welcome Kittyfam!! I'm Susie from Indiana. Like Susan said things are different since the takeover. Nice thing is you can ask most anything here and someone will be able to help.

• Amazing Aunt Audrey
    9 years ago

Howdy kittyfam. Pull up a chair. Glad to have you at the table. It seems like we all know each other and many of us have travelled to meet and visit with members here. I have been here at the table since it's beginning and have met several kters. We are like a big family, we share our lives with each other.

Welcome · More Info

• Jasdip
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Kittfam, you changed your forum name. ;>)

• Amazing Aunt Audrey
    9 years ago

Funnies · More Info

• Else
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you very much for your warm welcome!! I'm so glad to be here!
    Jasdip, I just went to my profile, thought I'd make some changes. My name is actually Terese, I'll probably change it to that instead of what you currently might be seeing. ;) Not sure how visible everything is here, I just haven't found my way around yet, but hey, I'll get there eventually! :D

I grew up i Norway, but now located in Michigan, zone 5. The weather here is up and down these days. Threw out some spinach seeds in my garden probably two weeks ago, can't even remember anymore! Nothing sprouting yet. Maybe it was one week ago. It's all a blur. ;) Also seeded tomatoes, they're day 5 now and nothing yet. I always fear the worst, then it just magically happens! So yeah, gardening is one of my hobbies, otherwise I like to sing and read and everything household. I'm a homemaker and very happily so, and always busy with something around here. Such as, finding a good recipe for enchilada sauce (that's coming up...) so I don't have to buy the stuff in cans. Always something. :)

• Else
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yup, changed it. Now you'll see my real name instead of something made up. :P

• Amazing Aunt Audrey
    9 years ago

Small Smileys · More Info

• jemdandy
    9 years ago

Welcome to the kitchenweb, Terese

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

Welcome from Texas! Feel free to just jump right in to the conversation. I have met a few of the nice folks from here always a good time.

• cheryl_okla
    9 years ago

Welcome to the table Terese

Cheryl from southeastern oklahoma

• phyllis__mn
    9 years ago

....and a welcome from North central MN.

• JennaVaNowSC
    9 years ago

Welcome from Charleston SC!

• Georgysmom
    9 years ago

Welcome here from Williamsburg, VA. I was confused, too when I kept reading kittfam. Glad that was cleared up. Nice group of people here. I'm sure you will enjoy.

• marylmi
    9 years ago

Welcome from another Michigander!!

• lisaw2015 (ME)
    9 years ago

Welcome from Central Maine! I am also a newbie ( a month or so now) & this group is fantastic, you will enjoy it here so pull up a chair & chat for a while :)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    9 years ago

Welcome Terese :-)

• janey_alabama
    9 years ago

Good morning & welcome!! I do not garden but we do have a cat & one dog. I have seen pictures of Norway-beautiful country!!

• party_music50
    9 years ago

Hello from central NY! Another gardener here -- with 4 cats. :)

It's April 1 and we're still buried deep in snow, but I'll start sowing my tomato and pepper seeds today. :)

• lindyluwho
    9 years ago

Welcome. I'm Linda and I live in the Birmingham, AL area. I hope you enjoy it here.

• prairie_rose
    9 years ago

Welcome Terese, I'm Darlene, aka Prairie Rose. DH and I live in Southern Alberta, two grown kids, one dumb dog, one smarter than the dog cat, and about 150 head of cattle. Glad you pulled a chair up to the table.

• Suzieque
    9 years ago

Welcome, Terese! I'm Suzieque, from New England. Glad to have you with us!

• lindaohnowga
    9 years ago

A warm Georgia welcome to you. I'm Linda but everyone calls me Linners. I hope you brought some dark chocolates with you.

• User
    9 years ago

Hi from sunny Florida! Welcome to the table, you will enjoy it here. if you want to know more about us you can find it all right here:
    KT Gathering Place

Lots of recipes, photos and other information.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Welcome! From Nashville. One kid who is a teenager, and two kitties. My teen is approaching the jumping off age--we attended a campus visit this week. Two more years to get it all in order and start applying for real!

How old are your teens? So what kind of chocolate do you like?

• Else
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow, thanks everyone, you sure are a great group of people! I'm so glad I
    found you all! And I'll be bringing a big pot of coffee and chocolate
    from Aldi tomorrow. Have you tried their chocolates? THE BEST!
    European, melt-in-your-mouth goodness, especially their coffee and
    cream; white on top, mocha on the bottom. Can't beat that. I really gotta cut back on sweets, I'm getting addicted again. Long live the sweet tooth.

Fun to see another one from Michigan here! And from all over otherwise, that's great!

Regarding
    my name, wow, I didn't actually intend for it to show up like that, I
    didn't see how it changed until now. No wonder there was a confusion! I
    never use my real name as a username in the way it's set up here; I
    thought kittyfam would stay since that's my username, and that Terese would maybe show as a signature or as info if you clicked on
    my profile.... I feel a little exposed... (blush!) It's just a little
    bit too out there for me. Would you all be mad if I changed it back to either kittyfam or Else? kittyfam is actually just something silly I came up with in a hurry when first going onto houzz a while back, looking for kitchen remodel pictures. What do you all think? Change it to one of those, then we'll just keep my real name a little secret here at the table? :D

My kids are two girls of 17, 15, and a 13 year old boy. We too will be visiting colleges this year with our junior, even as soon as next week! So we're right in the middle of figuring all of that out.

• lisaw2015 (ME)
    9 years ago

I say change it if it makes you more comfortable...I use my real name, doesn't bother me at all :)

• katlan
    9 years ago

Welcome Terese, kittyfam, Else, doesn't matter, welcome! I'm Kathy from south central PA. Married 34 years this May to my high school sweetheart (We starting dating when I was 15, he was 16) Two fantastic adult children, son 33 and daughter 28. OUr college years with them are over. Good luck with your next step with your kids, enjoy every second.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Welcome. If you want to change the name that shows on the screen, go to Your Houzz in the top right hand corner and click on it, then click on edit profile. Next, under Profile Information, you can click on the very first line and type in the name that you want to be displayed on the Gardenweb forums.

• pam_25f
    9 years ago

Welcome. I am a retired English teacher with grown kids and 4 grandchildren. I dabble in gardens, love dogs, enjoy reading and have just returned to knitting. Two regular posts you might enjoy are " I'll show you mine if you show me yours" (beautiful pictures by amazing photographers and regular pictures by the less talented of our pets, projects, gardens, flowers) and book of the week by Stacey which shows up on Thursday (when she isn't traveling.)

• Else
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Pam, I'll make sure to visit that page! I'll probably (as I find the time) post a couple of pictures too, of my cats and maybe myself. Is that where I should do that?

I will change my name to Else, which is a name special to me. But whoever remembers me as Terese can definitely use that too. :)

Thanks for the intros and letting me learn to know each of you a little bit! I wrote a little bit more about myself on the KT Gathering Place, thanks JoAnn!

• happy2b…gw
    9 years ago

Welcome, Else, and greetings to all. I am more of a reader than a poster, but I do comment once in a while. The people here are friendly, genuine, and creative. I live in Maryland. married to my high school sweetheart for 43 years this June, have three wonderful adult daughters , sons-in-law, and 7 perfect grandkids. The garden is just starting to wake up here.

• susanjf_gw
    9 years ago

good evening...married 45 years, 4 kids and 9 grands...welcome!!

• Else
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you!!

• glenda_al
    9 years ago

Welcme from Alabama

• harborrose_pnw
    9 years ago

Welcome from me as well, even though I am new here also and usually just read or play one of the word games. I'm married also to high school sweetheart, for 39 years now. I read, garden, cook... three children and a beautiful grandbaby boy. We live in coastal Washington state. Raining here today, abt 46 degrees.

• Else
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, and welcome to you Sadie, as well! How special to have a little grand baby! We're getting rain here as well, or so they say. Looking brighter by the minute though. ;) I'm in MI.

• joyfulguy
    9 years ago

Greetings Else (and others) ...
    ... from another south-western Ontario denizen - in my situation, near London, about half way Detroit/Windsor to Toronto/Buffalo.

Hope you enjoy your stay: there's a lot of good talk, friendliness, some useful advice and general good feeling (despite some snarkiness from time to time - which one can choose to ignore, if so inclined).
    And we value folks who have been lurkers adding their ideas and opinions, rather than just sitting and quietly absorbing.

As I went into the bank just now, it was starting to "spit" a bit ... when I came out (another story - see my thread) it was raining.
    But, as I said to someone just going in ... some of us have been "all wet" (or said to be so) for years.

ole joyful

• Cherryfizz
    9 years ago

Welcome to the table Else. What part of Michigan are you from? I live across the border in Windsor

Anne

• Else
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Anne! I'm over west, so opposite end. ;)

• sjerin
    9 years ago

Welcome, Else!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor