SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maremurray

Looking for a review of TCE Quartz

Mary Ann
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Looking to put in a Quartz countertop and was quoted on TCE Quartz which seems about half the cost of Ceasarstone from Ikea.

I find a lot of reviews for Ceasarstone when I google, but none for TCE

If you have any experience to share with TCE, would love to hear .

Many thanks

Comments (70)

• Carrie
    7 years ago
    Christina, RockWood actually was the lower end of our quotes, but not the lowest. They were the lowest for the TCE quartz, but not the cabinets. They only have maple I believe for doors and plywood for frame, but they are a do it yourself or partial custom, so very affordable. We had one quote lower with mdf and three higher quotes for wood. It's been almost a year and a half and we're still very happy.
  • moes_tavern09
    7 years ago

We have the tce dark grey Quartz and can't get rid of the white resin steve is talking about. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Related Discussions

Quartz or laminate?

Q

Comments (3)
    We have laminate in our current house and quartz in the one we are building. I like them both for different reasons. No one else can tell you if a more expensive option is "worth it," though. In a similar situation, I will ask myself if I like A more than B. How much? How much is the price difference? If I like it twice as much and it costs twice as much, then that's OK, provided I can actually afford it. But sometimes I only like something 20% more and it costs twice as much. In that case, I usually do without it.
    ...See More

I'm Looking for reviews of Caesarstone Quartz

Q

Comments (13)
    We have had Caesarstone Vanilla Noir since the holidays. So, a whopping 2 months maybe? We love the look and the edges look nice. The surface is glossy and shows glass rings and smudges, but I think that is a good thing. It is less shiny than polished absolute black though. It reminds us to wipe the counters and cleans right up. (Our last granite was a multicolor thing and I swear piles of food could hide on that thing.). It does scratch pretty easy, but we aren't too rough on things on the perimeter. I have some canisters that I put felt feet on and I put towels down when the workers come with their tools. If you are one to drag things across it, it will definitely show if the item is at all rough - like unfinished ceramic bottoms are. We haven't dropped anything on it (yet).
    ...See More

Looking for examples of TCE Quartz 4018

Q

Comments (0)
    If you have TCE Stone 4018, I'd love to see some real life examples of it installed. Please post photos below. :) Thanks in advance!
    ...See More

Looking for Advice! Quartz with Chantilly Lace Cabinets + New Doors?

Q

Comments (52)
    @Beth we ended up sticking with the t pulls due to pricing (i found a bulk pack and it was much cheaper than any other options we looked it). Unfortunately, we had to sacrifice some things we would have wanted due to budget. I tried my best to update the house while still acknowledging that it is a 100 year old home, which is why I kept the wood floors and chose the door style that I did (we also had to keep the doors on top with exposed hinges due to the original style of the doors and the cabinets themselves, as we could not afford new ones). Originally, this house had wallpaper everywhere that had been painted multiple times and white vinyl plank, which was a nightmare to keep clean). We went right back down to the original floorboards and tried to find a balance between old and new/modern while still keeping to our budget. All things considering, I think it turned out alright for a couple of amateurs on a budget haha!
    ...See More
  • Sean Lewkiw
    6 years ago

@steve doni who did you get your TCE countertop with in Montreal? Are you happy with them?

• Alex
    6 years ago

I know a friend who have been installed with TCE4023 and cannot get rid of stains as shown in pics. He's looking for solutions

for now

• Carrie
    6 years ago
    Have they tried rubbing alcohol? I haven't really had any staining in over two years. My Enjo cloths even took out turmeric stains. The fabricators used some kind of alcohol after they were finished. I used it in the beginning for permanent marker.
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

Try acetone first.

• halynaclaudia
    6 years ago

We are very disappointed with our TCE after living with it for a year. The edges especially seem unfinished (no shine) and pick up on stains and scrapes very easily (can't even lean against it with jeans without it picking up the dye). We need to take Vim with bleach to it almost daily. Also found a few nics on the surface despite our using cutting boards and being extra careful. Never had these issues with the Cambria tops we had in our previous home. The manufacturers were contacted by our contractors and said there is nothing they can do.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

I can tell by the pictures that the edges aren't polished adequately. There isn't even any shine. No wonder they pick up dirt. Have them use a set of these on site; they work great.

• s m
    6 years ago
    Hello! Any updates on this TCE quartz material? :) how would you guys rate it?!
  • Carrie
    6 years ago

I still have no stains or complaints after 2.5 years. I have one tiny chip on the edge around the sink from a large stoneware pan that hit it hard when it dropped out of my hand. It's very heavy and I can only lift with two hands.

I would guess the people that are having issues could be from the fabricator so please do research on them too. Look into others that have used them. Make sure there's lots of shine and no dull spots or defects when they arrive with your countertop, no matter where you purchase from.

• s m
    6 years ago
    Hi carrier!! Thanks for your response and it’s very helpful for me! I haven’t been able to make up my mind on which material I want to go with but I know more hen likely it will be the TCE stone. This has been extremely overwhelming lol now I have to chose a color lol I want a white countertop or off white. One question, what do you mean to get a good fabricator? Is that the person installing it??? He says he has a lot of experience and is doing custom work with miter edges. Is that what you have???:) thanks again!
  • Carrie
    6 years ago

Yes, the fabricator is who cuts and installs it. I'm not positive, but I think a mitered edge is where you get two pieces that join together seamlessly. I know carpenters use a miter saw to do crown moulding and baseboards. He probably means because a lot of people have a piece put on the edges to make the quartz look thicker. If that's what he means, then yes I have that. For edge profile I have a double bevel and I kind of wish I went with a different edge. I wanted plain for my countertop but after time I probably would change it a bit. Not the stone just the profile.

It seems like a easy decision but it was the hardest part of our kitchen design lol.

• s m
    6 years ago
    Thanks again Carrie!! So you wish you would have gotten a thicker edge? What do you have know? And what size??? I’m driving my husband crazy with my 1000 concerns lol and I look into every little detail!!! Ughhh!! I wish it wasn’t this hard to decide! We are on our way to go look at some! I don’t want to regret any decisions I make lol
  • Carrie
    6 years ago

I have a thick edge, I just wish I did more detail on the side. I'll try and find a picture.

• Carrie
    6 years ago

• Carrie
    6 years ago

I have the 1/4 bevel or double bevel. I kind of wish I went with something a little less plain like the ogee. Only because my cabinets are traditional.

• s m
    6 years ago
    Thank you so much!! Which stone do you have? So sorry for all the questions but I seriously feel overwhelmed and lost in this process lol I think I want the straight edge plan and simply but than again I haven’t seen others in person lol do you find any spots at all? Besides stainless steel is there anything we should avoid on the TCE quartz ??:) thank you so much Carrie l!!!!
  • Carrie
    6 years ago
    I think mine is 481. It is probably posted above. Mine is a creamy beige. I haven't noticed anything really and even the stainless marks come off. There was a pink stain from something that I eventually got off but I'm not sure what it was from. I have a lot of red in my kitchen so I figured something bled but I don't know what yet. The mark is gone now.
  • dentgal
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I had TCE stone installed in Oct 2017. It is now 7 months later and so far, it is great! They removed my old granite--which was a lot of work and included in the price. I also had an island installed with the same colour stone. It is black with some silvery sparkles and looks great with my cream cabinets. The only issue is that you need to dust the counters once a week (haha) or you can see dust. I would highly recommend these countertops and am so glad that I didn't go with granite (which my decorator was pushing for). p.s. the decorator recommended TCE.

• dentgal
    5 years ago

With regard to the "edge", a friend of mine has a fancy "edge" and it chipped. They came back and refinished the edge for him--so I wouldn't get anything too thin!!!

• Cynthia Brown
    5 years ago

HI, any further updates? We are looking at hiring a fabricator who recommends TCE. We are looking at a white counter.

• dentgal
    5 years ago

Hello Cynthia: I don't have any updates. My counter is black. Still love it!

• Carrie
    5 years ago

Cynthia, I still love my countertops as well! No issues here. Mine is not white though, more of a beige.

• Cynthia Brown
    5 years ago

Thank you :)

Still trying to decide between 4018, 4022, 4028. I don't want any brown/beige as that will pull the browns in my flooring. Just want pure white and gray.

• HU-934481607
    5 years ago

DANGER!!! STAY away from TCE. We got slab that was defective. The slab we received was the right color BUT was covered with black rings. We called them directly for support. They turned us away referring to a " Weasel Clause" they have posted in small print warning that the slabs can vary greatly from sample in color and pattern. I guess people typically do not buy quartz counters on a frequent basis so they must not care about the one they take advantage of. We spent a lot of money for our counters and are really really disappointed. *** TAKE OUR ADVICE< DO NOT BUY TCE. Save yourselves, hassle, time, money and a lot of frustration.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago

Black rings are "pod marks" from improper vacuum handling of the sheets. It is not exclusive to a particular brand or stone.

• Chessie
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Yep. Not the stone. The fabricator should know better by now. This is a fairly well known thing.

https://forum.stonefabricatorsalliance.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22746

• Marianne Ghanime
    5 years ago

Stay away from it Horrible material crack very easily my contractor cracked while installing it couldn’t anyt and left

stain very easily and no shine whatsoever

• dentgal
    5 years ago

Mine is black with silver flecks. It's still perfect. And it is shiny. I love it.

• sivette
    5 years ago

any one have pictures of comparing TCE 2028 with TCE 2038? I want the more off white color.

• dentgal
    5 years ago

Sivette, where are you located? The factory is in north Toronto. Maybe they can send you samples?

• Cathy MacDonald
    3 years ago

I have been buying quartz counter tops for 10 years and I can say that TCE is the worst for stains showing up and their warranty is Zilch. I have 3 customers in the last year who have problems. I will never buy it again

• Ashley Sollows
    3 years ago

Looking at a 3 inch TCE STONE with a mable pattern, one of the competitors basically said that they are not food grade certified, staining, etc. Etc,

so here I am researching some more before making my final decision.

ive seen each slab in full view in person, in a edmonton tce warehouse I would never buy a stone without viewing it,

always view your stones and if they don’t give you a option don’t buy from them,

there Are very few complainTs on here and no one shared their own personal photos.

someone shares a ”friends”

if someone has a negative experience please attach photos for validation.

I’m 99% sure I’m going with TCE

and using a local fabricator

these are the 2 colors I’m between, any input is appreciated I’m doing a black cabinet with gold handles shaker style,

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

These review threads of different brands of engineered stone drive me crazy. It's virtually all the same stuff. It's all 33% resin and 66% quartz. I've fabricated lots of different brands and they all smell, cut, polish, and chip the same. Chinese, Vietnamese, United States, Israel, doesn't matter.

• Carrie
    3 years ago

Ashley Sollows, I have had my TCE quartz countertops for over 4 years and they're still holding up great. They never stain, anytime I think they might the stain comes off even if it's the next day. I do have one chip on the edge of my sink. My very heavy stoneware pan slipped out of my hand and hit the back edge near the faucet. I'm pretty sure even my husband hasn't noticed it, it's very small, but I notice it. That's the only thing that's happened and we use our kitchen a lot compared to most people I know (I have severe allergies and have to grind my own meat and make everything from scratch daily). I have large heavy kitchen equipment I pull out often and no issues. You've seen your slab (I went to the warehouse as well), and as long as your fabricator is good I think you're good no matter which you choose. I posted pictures in the beginning of this thread and if you search TCE quartz I have another thread with pictures.

• drsheryl96
    3 years ago

Ashley, I have had my countertops from TCE for about 4 years and so far, it is perfect. I have black with tiny silver specks. It looks great. Maybe black on black for you?

• dentgal
    3 years ago

• dentgal
    3 years ago

• Cathy MacDonald
    3 years ago

Don.t by TCE. Its half the price because it does not hold up to the quality of the other stones. They also do not back their so called warranty. I am a frequent purchaser of stones and have had 3 TCE installs go bad, Never again

• Rajbir Grewal
    3 years ago

I have had Tce since 2016 in 2 kitchens and in 6 bathrooms. Also on two fireplaces. No problems.

• Marianne Ghanime
    3 years ago

Really bad quality broke while installing and chipped at the sink a year later stain everywhere can’t believe the bad quality

• Home4Here
    2 years ago

I'm late to the discussion but we have TCE stone (looks like white and gray marble) for our kitchen countertops. Our Reno was in 2018 and so far it's been great.
    My daughter was labeling some food bags awhile back and somehow the black Sharpie marker transferred to the surface of the counter. It came out using baking soda and a solution of bleach and water. I couldn't believe it. There have been many spills and stains over three years but the baking soda/bleach trick has saved the day each time. I dropped our heavy crock pot base on it once and the countertop was unscathed. Not so much for the crockpot. Or should I say crackpot?! Lol.

• Stephanie
    2 years ago

I have TCE 8003. It is white with small flecks of shimmer in it. It's beautiful looking except for all the stains. I have had it for 6 months. It is so disappointing. I am so careful and yet somehow new stains show up. The most recent is brown staining from the bottom of a decorative plate that had corkboard underneath it. I used it to hold my salt/pepper shakers on the counter. The brown corkboard has stained my countertop. It makes no sense to me how this has happened. And I can't remove it. Beside my sink is all stained. It breaks my heart that I spent over 5000$ on this countertop and I will end up replacing this counter in just a few years - a cost that is not in my budget, but it looks so awful after only six months I am scared to see what it will look like in two or three years.

• Chessie
    2 years ago

Stephanie please post pictures of these stains.

• mattstadnyk07
    2 years ago

I have used TCE stone at 4 personal houses in the last 10 years,kitchen counters,bathroom counters, and shower horizontal surfaces. Always great, zero complaints as yet. All from TCE in Richmond BC

• Steve
    last year

I have TCE 4029 installed for 16 months and in high traffic areas I have stains developing (next to range, sink and prepping area)

Those who have stains and successfully removed them, what product did you use? I read to use neutral cleaners.

I have had minor success with magic erasers, but heavier stains (under soap dispenser, next to sink) where items have sat overnight without realizing they were wet or dirty underneath) or wine spills, are harder to get out.

I have tried Bar Keepers Friend - Granite & Stone Cleaner & Polish and it was garbage.

I worry about using bleach since it is not neutral

• Cathy MacDonald
    last year

I have installed the TCE in the past twice and both times my customer complained about stains. I refuse to use it again and the manufacturer refused to do anything about it. It is absolutely an inferior product

• Carrie
    last year

Steve I still don't have straining on mine and it's light. Sometimes there's a mark under my soap dispenser if there's a lot of water sitting, and I just wipe it a few times with my kitchen Enjo cloth. Where there's a lot of water sitting around the sink you really need to remember to wipe it dry. If I have a buildup around my faucet and soap dispenser while I'm cleaning my sink I also spray around that area. I only clean with hydrogen peroxide 3% diluted to 25% peroxide to 75% water. Let sit for 10 minutes. It doesn't take it right away, but I keep using my cloth and it just disappears. Things like mustard and charcoal or sharpie look like they'll stain, but after a couple days of just wiping with the cloth take them all away. Back when I was more paranoid about stains I used isopropyl alcohol to take sharpie off. Maybe try that. It also takes off marks from metal.

• dentgal
    last year

Mine is black. no issues

• nmcneilly
    last year

If anyone hasn't figured it out yet that this Carrie must work for them, then you are gullible as heck!