SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceourso

Echeveria help! Flowers prematurely shrivel

ceourso
9 years ago

My poor little Echeveria has been trying to flower for weeks now, but every time it pops one out, the flower is extremely tiny, very shriveled/dry to the touch and brown. It does not actually bloom. (Unfortunately, I don't know the exact kind of Echeveria it is.) I've searched all over the Internet and cannot find anything that touches on this.

I also recently bought an Echeveria pulidonis from the nursery that already had two fully grown flower stalks that were blooming beautifully along with another baby flower stalk. Now that I have taken it home, the baby flower stalk has dried up and is clearly not going to bloom.

I water my succulents when the soil is dry to the touch. I ignorantly fertilized some of them about a month ago, but I now know better than to do that during the winter. Is this maybe why the Echeveria "unknown" was producing dried flowers? This wouldn't explain why the baby flower stalk on the Echeveria pulidonis has suddenly decided to dry up, though, as I only bought it a week ago and have not fertilized it.

I think they might not be getting enough sun, but that doesn't strike me as an explanation for this drying. What am I doing wrong? :(

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!