SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloenkitty

Need landscaping ideas for new home please

Virginia Mary
9 years ago

Hello everyone. We moved into our new build in November. Thankfully it will soon be time to landscape! We live in northeast pa in a mountain area. We do have deer, but I have never seen them come up to the front of our house (doesn't mean they won't) but they also go in our back yard, not front. I would, however, still try to plant things they might not like.

Since I don't know how to load more than one pic per post, please look at the follow up comments for additional photos. Of course I want to avoid anything that will grow into the house or get too big. I also like things that stay green (they don't all have to) and require minimum work.

If you notice the small window on the bottom, to the right of it there is a meter box (ewww) so I def want to cover that up with something. Also, you can see at the bottom of the house, the stone stops and you can see the concrete :( perhaps mulch, landscape stones, and grass will hide some of that.

I love hydrangeas, birch trees and I don't know the name, but a certain type of tall, narrow bush that almost looks like boxwood, but they grow tall and narrow. I also like a soft needle or arborvitae type looking pine that kind of looks weeping. As you can see, I'm not very versed on landscaping.

I appreciate any help and if any of you photoshop experts don't mind doctoring up the photo with beautiful landscaping, I'd sure appreciate it.

Oh, one more thing. We will be paving the driveway and putting in a path to the front door. Should we do a concrete sidewalk path or some kind of pretty stone path to the door? Thanks again!

Comments (6)