SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the_foxes_pad

Before I Take the Tags Off........

the_foxes_pad
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

What do you think? DH & I got this BHG set (and dining table & chairs) for free one Sunday when driving by someones house a few yrs ago.

I knew I could replace the cushions someday.

The cushions are an odd size though. Standard replacements were too small so I figured that the set needed 'Deep' cushions which were kinda pricey for me to buy all at one shot & I didn't trust consistency to buy a set or two year after year. Not to mention that I am extremely picky about getting 'just the right thing'. I will wait for yrs until 'just the right thing' presents itself.

Aside from comfort as a reason to replace (we always felt like we were sliding forward - but hey - we don't complain about free) I also wanted a cohesion from exterior to interior. I also want the house to look great when we put it on the market.

Last week I combined all of my Kohls crap, bit the bullet and ordered these deep cushions. They arrived today.

My seating depth now appears to be somewhere between regular and deep. I had to squeeze the bottom seat cushions in. Not as readily apparent in the chairs as on the love seat. The cushions seem to be tapered toward the back so I could turn 1 LS cushion around but they are attached with a plastic loop to the cushion back (there are sewn in loops to connect seat cushion to seat back cushion and the are temporarily connected by a plastic loop). The Plastic loop connecting the 2 seems meant to be removed but I don't want to cut it off if it looks so bad that I return the entire shebang.

It' already sooooooo much more comfortable & I'm not a super-duper perfectionist. If I keep I will add a throw pillow or 2 to 'finesse' it up.

I like it but what do you think? Is it awful looking & I should return no matter what or will it work? The colors totally work w/ my interior decor & gardens (I'm obsessive over the long run).

Old:

New:

Comments (21)