SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawnamichelle_gw

should I take off these shutters or repaint them?

shawnamichelle
12 years ago

{{!gwi}}

I don't like the light color the shutters are now. We moved into this house just a few years ago and have 2 small kids so most of our home improvement work has been on hold.

We would ideally change the trim and siding paint colors too. But money is a factor.

We painted the door red and I LOVE IT! We took down the door shutters and one window shutter to the left of bay window. It looks so much cleaner, I was wondering if maybe the house would somehow look warmer (which is what I want) and less bland if we took them down? Or my other thought was to paint them to match the storm door.

I wouldn;t mind a bright fun contrast color either. Any ideas? Maybe in the blue/purple family?

An aside: we are landscaping right now and have planted under the windows just last spring so eventually that will look better ( a taller shrub for between the window sets). And this picture was taken in winter. Here's one from the summer to give you a better idea (granted we did take out some dying plants but have planted new ones):

{{!gwi}}

What do you all think? No shutters or newly painted ones? BTW, the only other shutters on the house are a pair on the left side, not visible from the street. None in the back. And the neeighborhood is an older one with brick ranches like mine. Late 1950s.

Thanks!

Comments (24)