SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hwarrick

Gotta love the Brugs.

Hal Warrick
9 years ago

About 5 years ago I was givin' the chance to get 4 pot grown Burgs. ( 2 colors ). The pots where about 24" across and the Burgs. about 5' tall. I had a smaller car so not alot of cargo space, when I arrived to pick them up he looked at the car and asked how ? I pulled out the loppers and said they will back bud, no problem. Now 5 years later I have taken so many cuttings from pruning them in the summer. Most all where just shoved into the ground, most rooted. I still have the original trees and every year around May 15th they go into the ground. I always will say if you want your plants to really grow for the summer, put them in the ground. Come fall I will only dig up the original trees, they are around 8-10' ft. in height so I take the loppers and give a hard prune. Down to 30" and bring into a cool area of the house to re bud. I only have 2 colors as you can see, one opens up in a Salmon color ( Burg. versicolor from White's ) and the other opens later with yellow flowers going to a yellowy orange color. Don't know that type but probably from the same nursery.

Comments (3)