SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21882779

Callery Pear Forests

User
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Today I had a shock. We were driving through the way north end of the city where all the big expensive gated communities, new malls and office complexes, housing additions etc have been going up, IOW, the wealthier side of the city. This is where stuff like the lollipop Callery Pear reigns supreme and is planted in neat rows and in so many yards.

What I saw was what I would describe as several acres of solid white in the still undeveloped areas. I'd never realized these are forests of Callery Pear trees but seeing it in spring really showed how invasive these trees are making it easy to I.D. them right off leaving no need to look close at leaves to know what kind of trees those are. I am not exaggerating, these were literally thick solid forests of Callery Pear trees of various heights squeezed in and growing tight and it looked like they were choking out & even out doing the cedars, forget about the grasses, they are goners. Once I saw this I noticed as we headed north these trees are scattered EVERYWHERE along the sides of the roads and by creeks.

Everywhere.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES