SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
808cs

Aloe Polyphylla seed question

808cs
9 years ago

I've ordered what are supposed to be Aloe Polyphylla seeds from sellers on eBay and Easy. Two of the shipments of seeds I received from U.S. and China sellers were small, round and black with no seed coat. I also received one shipment from the U.S. of seeds that were small (a little larger than the seeds pictured above in the lower half of photo), black and slightly oblong shaped. None of the U.S. or China seeds had seed coats. I also ordered seeds from a seller in Great Britain and a seller in Germany. The German seeds have a seed coat (upper half of photo) and resemble the AP seeds I've seen online. I haven't received the shipment of seeds from Great Britain yet, but the photos in his listing appear to have seed coats and resemble what I think are true AP seeds.

1) Can anyone confirm that AP seeds are never small and black, like those in the photo above?

2) Anyone else have similar experiences with eBay or Etsy seller?

I'm planning on sowing the seeds soon and I don't want to waste my time on what I believe are non-AP seeds (although I'm a little bit curious to plant them and see what sprouts). I planted another batch of the small black seeds and they still haven't sprouted.

Comments (30)