SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edlincoln

Coordinating Trees with Neighbors

9 years ago

Anyone think about how to coordinate front yard trees with neighbors? I've always liked the look of a solid row of trees that line a road. We used to have that until the trees that were planted by the original developer were killed off by disease. One neighbor has a row of trees (Norway Maples? Silver Maples?) along the road. I'd want to continue that line, but it is a little closer to the road and power lines then they say you should plant trees any more. (3 or 4 feet, but it hasn't ever caused problem) The other neighbors have a couple Leyland Cypress and a gingko 30 feet from the road. Would it be better to create a row of trees the right distance from the road, or continue the neighbor's row? Or have diagoonal line that connects the neighbors set back gingko to the other neighbor's close-to-the-road maple? What sorts of trees would look good with these trees and our surviving Norway Maple and Cedar?

Previously I'd been thinking of two rows of trees...one 12 feet from the road and one 30 feet from the road. Which row would you put Sassafras in?

Comments (3)