SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
radiokaos

Neighbor Pine Trees Reaking havoc

radiokaos
16 years ago

Hello to all:

I have a issue with my neighbor. Currently, my neighbor has two large pine tree that encroach my property and reak havoc on my pool and my yard. The dropping are pine cones and needles into my pool every summer here in Phoenix AZ. Each year there tress are causing major damage to my pool costing several hundred dollars of repair to my pool each year.

I have asked politely for my neighbor to trim the trees to the property line but they have refused. Then ensued with harassing threats to myself and my family. My neighbor even stated that if I trim the tree on my side of the property line that they will sue me. They are claiming they are entitled to the space on my property "easement by adverse possession". What they don't realize is the damage there trees are causing on my pool, and we can't even enjoy our own backyard.

This is taking the life out of me to try to get this resolved. I love trees and in no way would I want to kill them, I would just like to cut the branches that come over onto my property. I have spoken with an attorney and he said cut the branches up to the property line and let her sue, which I'm sure they will.

I have tried several times to contact them nicely and asked them to help me out and there response was nothing but profanity and vulgarities. The police have told me I have the right to cut up to my property line and should do so. Currently, I had to obtain a restraining order against them from the harassment they have been causing over this ordeal.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm