SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20103024

Installation of Steel Front Entry Door + Sidelites - 1 Man or 2?

User
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hello, everyone, I have posted here a few times about my various decisions on my steel front entry door, and this forum has been so helpful. I had a few constraints from my HOA, but in the end ordered from Home Guard, and they've been great to deal with. I ordered a steel 6-panel standard-size entry door, custom-painted, with 2 sidelites, with the HomeGuard "Timberframe" option.

The new door actually came in to the contractor a while ago, but the weather here has been so bad for a couple of months, it couldn't be installed. Finally, at long last, temps next week will be in the upper 40's (though it was still 15 deg. today), and my contractor called me to schedule the installation (I think I heard angels singing when I got the call haha).

What surprised me though was that the scheduler on the phone told me it would just be one guy doing the whole thing. My previous conversations with the contractor mentioned a 2-man job. The opening is approx. 72"W x 83"H, and I understand that the Timberframe option makes it all very heavy. I cannot see how this could be a 1-man job, but I don't know. Should I tell them they need to send 2 men to do the installation?

Comments (12)