SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aunt_audrey

Today is"Carrot Cake Day!"

Would love for you to share your recipes. I have 3-4 I use...here's a link to one.

Carrot Cake Recipe

Comments (6)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    9 years ago

This is the best carrot cake that I've ever had/made....a Southern Living original.

Southern Living best carrot cake....click here

• Amazing Aunt Audrey
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh I agree rhizo I make this recipe too. I have it pinned.

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

That's similar to Mom (now mine) carrot cake recipe. I add more carrots, more like 3 cups. We also have always used the cream cheese icing, but cut way back on the icing sugar. We don't like sweet icings and 3 cups makes it super-sweet.

• Georgysmom
    9 years ago

I have the the same recipe as rhizo. It's very good. Happy National carrot cake to you all.

• glenda_al
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

This is a recipe I acquired from Mr Food and serve it as a bread with the main meal. First time I served it with prime rib, roasted asparagus and a square of the carrot bake. Deliciously moist.

I baked it in a square pyrex dish

• 3 (4-ounce) jars carrot baby food
    • 1 stick butter, melted
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
    • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon baking powder
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
    2. In a large bowl, combine carrots and butter; mix well. Add remaining ingredients; mix until well blended then pour into prepared baking dish.
    3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  • jeff-1010
    9 years ago

Every day my wife's out of the house is carrot cake day. She's on a diet and is pissed I can eat like a teenager and not gain a lb.