SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jstem20

First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?

jstem20
9 years ago

Here we go...

I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern and plan to paint the walls and ceilings before moving next month. I'm also planning to refinish the hardwood oak floors but that's for another discussion. As a novice painter, I've decided to hire a local professional.

My painter seems sharp and certainly knows a lot about paint. He recommends ProMar 200 because he said it always almost covers in 2 coats, is easy to work with, the eggshell (for the walls) is washable and has a great look to it. He uses it on 90% of his jobs.

He quoted me an extra 13% (to the total estimate) to upgrade to either SuperPaint or Aura. I've read rave reviews about Aura, specifically their Affinity paints, but apparently it's not suited for ceilings. People seem to say that the SuperPaint is a solid choice as well.

A few extra pieces to the puzzle... I'm meeting with a color consultant tomorrow for her guidance. And although we don't have kids now, there will be some in the near future.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Specifically, is the upgrade worth it? If so, which paint would you recommend?

Comments (9)