SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmoats7

Need to Save My Plant....and Would Like to Know What it Is

kmoats7
9 years ago
Once upon a time I bought this plant for my grandmother. Several years later she passed away and I brought the plant home. It grew and thrived..... until we moved. During the chaos of the move the plant got put in a box with some flower pots and put up on a high shelf out of sight and was forgotten and neglected. We built the new house and over the course of a year we lived between the old place and the new place. When I discovered the forgotten plant, I repotted the best 3 pieces and have tried to keep it growing. I'm afraid it's not going to make it. I've got 2 little plants left, 1 of which has leaves that are shriveling up. I've also got 2 plump leaves from what was the 3rd plant. I put the 2 leaves down in some dirt yesterday and then discovered this forum and after reading tonight thought maybe the proper thing to do is to lay the leaves on top of the soil? One of the 2 remaining plants has a new baby leaf but the other one looks like its drying up. If anyone can help me and give me any advice I'd greatly appreciate it. It breaks my heart when I see the condition they are in especially since it was my Grandmother's. And.....I'd like to know what kind of plant it is. ((Thanks))

Comments (4)