How do you comment on posts?
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
How do you attach a pic to a post without doing a link?
Comments (4)I use Photobucket Free. Then.... 1...just type your message,...or in this case a reply to this post, changing the Subject of Posting line by one character. 2...open Photobucket in another tab 3...find the pic you want to post in the message, 4...click on HTML code found in the third box below the pic. It will say copied in yellow, 5...go back and paste the HTML in your message box, 6...hit preview, You will then see your message, and the actual pic, and 7... lastly hit submit. Sue...See MoreHow do you post a picture here that is hosted somewhere else?
Comments (12)Quiltmom, I'm glad you discovered that the photos will be permanent on Howzz even if someone moves or deletes their photo. As for posting a picture from Photobucket give it another try. I read about how to do it on the Cacti Forum and it took me a couple of tries before I figured it out. Paste the 'direct' link from Photobucket in litttle narrow "file name" box that comes up when you click on the photo icon. The "file name" box is at the bottom. The photo icon is at the bottom of the "write a comment" box in the form of a little camera. You have to punch the control key and the v at the same time to paste it. You'll see it appear in the "file name" box....See MoreHow do I comment on a post?
Comments (2)Assuming you are signed on to the forum, at the end of the thread in the Comments box type over "Write a comment". When you do the editing icons and the green "Submit" button will appear. DA...See MoreHow much time do you spend researching your projects? - X- Post
Comments (29)My DH says I take WAY too much time making the decisions I have to make with our house projects. I'm the sole researcher, designer, planner and a co-hands-on executor (with DH) of our DIY building projects. It took us 5 years to do this last house. Plan, design, and contract the build. I designed and had a draftsman draw prints. I was the chick with the clipboard until the rockers left. From drywall on it has primarily been just the two of us. He has a full time job that is not building. We have made a good team, in that he has the expertise- I have the vision. We have put in countless hours making the decisions that go into these projects. Thankfully I found GW early on with researching windows. Google has led me to GW on numerous topics, which answered most of the trying technical issues. I usually only post when I get really stuck and need outside input and opinions. Mostly on decorating questions...;) IDK -- is 5 years too long to come up with a house from scratch? DIY? I have no idea; I do know my DH thought I belabored the process. As in it was a huge issue- how long I would take. But it was lots of design as you go stuff. However he is happy with the result....See More- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

You Said It: Hot-Button Issues Fired Up the Comments This Week
Dust, window coverings, contemporary designs and more are inspiring lively conversations on Houzz
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNOpening the Kitchen? Make the Most of That Support Post
Use a post to add architectural interest, create a focal point or just give your open kitchen some structure
Full Story
ENTRYWAYSGrand Entry Elements: Newel Posts Past and Present
They once spoke to wealth and class, but newel posts today say more about individual style
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESKnow Your House: Post and Beam Construction Basics
Learn about this simple, direct and elegant type of wood home construction that allows for generous personal expression
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: Who'll Post the First Snow Photo of 2013?
If the weather's been flaky in your neck of the woods, please show us — and share how you stay warm at home
Full Story
HOLIDAYSYour Post-Thanksgiving Game Plan
Once you’ve recovered from the big day, take these steps to make welcoming the next round of holiday guests easier
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNShow Us Your Compact Kitchen
Do you have a tiny kitchen that works well for you? Post your pictures in the Comments
Full Story
FARM YOUR YARDHouzz Call: Show Us Your One-of-a-Kind Chicken Coops
Do you have a fun or stylish backyard shelter for your feathered friends? Post your pictures and stories in the Comments!
Full Story
TREE HOUSESHouzz Call: Show Us Your Well-Designed Treehouse or Tree Fort!
Got a great treehouse or tree fort? We want to see it! Post yours in the Comments and we’ll feature the best in a future article
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘Change Is Good’ and Other Houzz Quotables
Houzzers share advice and suggestions in their comments on the stories posted this week
Full Story
User