SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bgardne7

Japanese Maple Bonsai Tree Started to Sprout

bgardne7
9 years ago

Hello, I am a first time bonsai grower and I bought a kit to grow a Japanese Maple from a seed. Just last week I took it out of the fridge and moved it to my patio to get some sun and heat and it began to sprout. I am very excited but mainly worried that I might make a costly mistake and ruin my tree. Can anyone and everyone provide me with some tips on how to care for it in this hot and humid South Florida weather? Should I buy a growing lamp? Do I need to create a mini green house for it? When should I transfer it to a bigger pot? Currently there is only 1 sprout out of the 10-20 seeds that were in there, and the 1 sprout is about 1/3 - 1/2 of an inch high. I water it maybe 1 time every 3 days to keep it moist but not too wet. I am just going off of what I read online, but for the most part I'm just going with what I think is right...and so far I'm surprised it has started growing. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong/right and what I'll need to do and prepare for in the future. Thank you!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH