SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samira71w

Millipedes in my house plants

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hello,

Last August, I finally got rid of all my artificial plants and bought REAL house plants! Yeah! I was so happy because they looked so much better and my kids loved seeing new leaves grow every few days. I bought a Peace Lily, a Cateracterum Palm and a White Bird of Paradise. Well, by late Dec I noticed I started getting millipedes in my house specifically in the rooms the plants were. We couldn't figure out where they were coming from and by Feb we realized they were in the plants. We noticed that the Peace Lily was FULL of millipedes and the other 2 plants had some too but not as much. I changed the soil in the Peace Lily (unfortunately it was so cold out that the leaves on the plant died in 5 min that I took it out...hoping it comes back to life). Today, however, I noticed there are more millipedes in the new soil. I have put DE in the plants and it has helped, however, they are still coming back. What do I do to get rid of these horrible bugs? I don't want to have to throw away my plants!!! Thank you!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH