SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiddisolo_gw

Here we go again !

I seem to recall that about this time last year I posted that spring was on the way here in Wales, showed pictures of primroses and other early risers only to be snowed in for the next fortnight!

Well it's that time again. Primroses, snowdrops and hellebore are all in flower, the goats are all heavily pregnant and due to kid anytime soon. I have chicks in the brooder and more eggs in the incubators, the sheep will probably lamb soon too.I have also ordered young fuchsia plants for my baskets and this morning my thoughts turned to Hostas,

We woke up to a covering of snow but it quickly cleared and the sun came out. With strong winds and heavy rain forecast for tomorrow I decided the time was right to start the cleanup ready for the milder weather, after all it's the first of March next weekend!

A pleasant few hours spent cleaning off the foliage from last year, checking all was well below the surface and making a mental note of those that needed re-potting, those that need potting up and reminding myself of last years new arrivals.

The results of my labors, 130ish pots cleaned and ready for that wonderful time when all our plants wake up and we can savor the beauty that is hosta once again.

Here is those same pots in May last year. I just can't wait!

How are you other potheads doing, are you in advance of or behind me in preparation for this years display ?

Dave

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert