SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

My first real gardening venture this year

The sun is out, it's 80 degrees in my unheated greenhouse this afternoon, did a bit of tiding up in there then decided to do a bit of cleanup outside. Cut the rest of the old foliage off the hellebore, there are a mass of seedlings under the plants, some of these will be potted up for our garden club's plant sale later this year the rest will end up in the compost bin.
Cut back some of the large sword ferns and pruned a couple of roses. Things are starting to sprout and emerge from the earth, spring is definitely in the air.

A piece of my Akebia vine had escaped the arch it's planted on, snuck along the ground and up a corner post of my lathhouse so spend a half hour untangling and yanking that out. Had a quick look at my pot ghetto, everything I had stashed there for the winter look like they've come through just fine.
The 'Giganteum' and 'Globe Master' alliums I bought and planted last fall are up along with a few others including several 'Christophii', I love this one, will buy a few more in the fall.
Probably be a wee bit stiff tomorrow :(
Annette

Comments (9)

Sponsored