SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriebor

The Perfect Sink (for me)

Carrie B
9 years ago

So, I've been looking & looking. I'll find one that has this, but not that, or that, but not this...

I had thought I'd go with a 23" Kraus SS under mount, but my KD suggested I go with an offset drain to make room for trash, recycling, etc. under the sink. Also, the Kraus is deep (10" plus an under mount,) so that will take up space and I'm concerned that such a deep sink will be uncomfortable.

My current (over mount) SS sink is only 7.5" deep (& 18" round) and, while I'm looking forward to having a bigger sink, of all the things that have bothered my about my current kitchen, the sink is not one of them.

So, what I'm hoping for:

~SS Under mount

~Will fit in a 30" cabinet (somewhere in the 23 - 27" range)

~Offset drain (I'm hoping for top right hand side)

~Not too deep (especially given that it will be under mount)

~(edited again to say) I want whatever it is when the corners are rounded for ease of cleaning.) (I guess NOT zero radius)

~Not too high end (appliances, etc., will probably be low-mid range)

If you have thoughts on if I have to compromise on one or more of these things (depth, offset drain, cost...) which one you'd do, I'm open to all thoughts.

Edited to add: I do not plan on getting a garbage disposal. I also realize that I may be asking too much, with my laundry list of wants...

Here's the sink I've been living with:

{{gwi:2144702}}

This post was edited by carrieb on Sun, Feb 8, 15 at 22:18

Comments (13)