SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsclark

Follow Along with my DIY Kitchen Remodel

Terri Clark
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I have hired Inspired Kitchen Designs to design my Ikea kitchen, I have my décor designs in mind and have the idea board together and am making paint and tile decisions now. I hope you will follow along with our journey of turning this outdated kitchen into a bright kitchen with some sophistication and sparkle.

First thing I was concerned about was getting the designer the right measurements for upper cabinets, and because the windows don't have ay trim I originally estimated putting 2" trim and gave them those measurements. I was stressed about that being right, just not wanting to be off on those measurements. So I convinced Hubby that we needed to pull out the uppers out and put the window trim on. The other issue was that the window sill was actually built out of the laminate that was the counter, so that had to go too.

As Hubby always says, I always think things are easier than they actually are. So, we found some weird drywall stuff going on behind which will have to be fixed after the bottom comes out. So here are some pictures of the work.

Hubby was hoping to put the cabinets in the garage, but they were not boxes, the were built in place. I am so glad this is started! We also hung the electric fireplace.

Comments (125)