SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pps7_gw

Dining chair suggestion?

pps7
9 years ago

My great room is finally coming together, but I'm at a loss on what to do about dining chairs. Here's what I currently have. The problem with the parsn's chair is that the slipcover doesn't fit probably. It's short and about 3" of the back is visible and it drives me crazy. The wood x-back chairs are very nice and comfortable but I also have a built in buffet in the room and it's a lot of the same wood tone. Plus they are pretty wide and it hard if the table is full for people to get in and out.

This picture is old. Those aren't the slip covers.

I've temporarily put my outside metal chairs, but I will need those for the patio in April.

{{gwi:2138990}}

{{gwi:2141268}}

So ideas?

Option 1. Get new, nicer, skirted end chairs and leave the x back chairs. (Without nailhead)
{{gwi:2141269}}

Option2. Get all new chairs: need suggestions!

Option 3. Get new slipcovers made that fit better. I've tried that without much luck.

Option 4: get new skirted end chairs and paint the x-back chairs

Option 5: get new skirted end chairs and buy vintage chairs on craigslist. Spray paint them light gray and get new seats upholstered with bold graphic outdoor fabric. This will cost at least $200/chair. And I'm bit nervous bc I can't do it myself and I will need to find people to help me and the coat to escalate very quickly.

{{gwi:2141270}}

Comments (8)