SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mushcreek

Reasonable reliable faucet?

mushcreek
9 years ago

We're getting ready to finish our new kitchen, and haven't selected faucets yet. I've been reading reviews, and it seems like everything in our price range ($200) has issues.

We have a few requirements- We need two faucets, and at least one has to work in a one hole sink. We'd like a fairly big faucet with good reach, as our main sink is 43". I guess our style would be 'transitional', with the house being mostly craftsman, but not etched in stone. Most things would look OK except Victorian styles. We prefer stainless steel, and a pull-down sprayer.

It's funny; I've lived over 60 years using basic faucets and never had issues. In our old house, we had a big box store cheapie that worked fine for years. I keep reading about Kohlers, Moens, and Deltas that fall apart in months, have proprietary supply lines that can't be replaced, etc. One brand can't be removed once installed without cutting the sprayer hose!

Are single handle/single hole faucets inherently less reliable? Are products just getting cheaper in general? Or am I just over-analyzing to the point of paralysis?

I don't care much (anymore) about looks; I just want a simple faucet that is serviceable, and stands a chance of lasting more than a year. Suggestions?

Comments (16)