SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tibbrix

Please do not use HomeAway

tibbrix
9 years ago

I'm a frequent commenter here, mostly in the Home Decorating and Design Forum. I also rent my home to vacationers on VRBO.com, which is one of HomeAway's many Vacation Rental Web Sites.

HomeAway is downright abusive toward homeowners. We really care about those who rent our homes, and we want to have a good rapport with our guests, manage our own properties, make it as easy and pleasant for our guests as possible. HomeAway, and all of its sites, is destroying our ability to do that, under the guise of making things easier for travelers. It doesn't.

As an example, I've been a member of their "Community" for one week, where homeowners can discuss issues. In the first day, I was threatened with suspension twice by the moderator, who willfully misread my comments, twisted the meaning, and actually told me certain words are not to be used (like "authoritative"). She then went on vacation, and we could all converse w/o fear and express ourselves and our concerns.

Well, she's back, and on her first day back, she has banned me.

This is very typical of how HomeAway treats its paying customers, we homeowners. They twist our arms behind our backs to get us to bend to their will, which harms our businesses and our personal rapport with our guests.

Please use non-homeaway sites, like Booking.com, Airbnb, Flipkey (TripAdvisor) (I am NOT on those sites), and for Cape Cod, the wonderful weneedavacation.com.

Thank you!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio