SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrspete

Kitchen aid mixer . . . where 'ya gonna live?

mrspete
9 years ago

I use my heavy Kitchen Aid Mixer 1-2 times a week. I need it to be easily accessible, and I was thinking of a pop-up shelf . . . but now I'm kicking around another idea:

My kitchen is going to be small . . . but my pantry is downright huge, and it opens into the kitchen. I'm wondering about buying a STURDY cart that would house the Kitchen Aid at cabinet level (or maybe just a touch lower -- I am not quite 5' tall), the idea being that I can pull the cart out into the kitchen when I need it.

It could be placed adjacent to the island and could plug into the electrical outlet on the island end. It would (temporarily) block the path to the small booth seating, which I don't see as a deal-breaker.

The "win" of the cart would be that I would maintain more of the limited cabinet space for the storage of things that're used on a daily basis.

Since carts tend to have three shelves, I could potentially house other baking items on the two lower shelves, or I could use those shelves for other heavy appliances -- like my seldom-used food processor.

I'd be very interested in hearing other people's heavy-appliances on carts stories.

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022