SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edenh_gw

Help with my living/breakfast room layout

edenh
9 years ago

Hi
I need help with the placement of the furniture in the dining and family room. I dont like a lot of clutter. The current furniture placement is ok for me but then I dont have any experiance with decor whatsoever. I feel that there must be a better way to arrange the furniture. My concerns are :
1. easy access to the backyard. The left side patio door opens to the right. I would like to have a mirror on the wall next to the hat is because I love g in going to the yard.
2. Easy access to the sofas. I and the kids dont really like walking around/behind the furniture . I tried placing the two seater opposite the big sofa but it didnt work well. The two seater physically and visually blocked the family area from the kitchen, the front door/formal living room and my bedroom.
3. Something to put our feet up and space for laptops. My kids are all adult now and we like to hang out in this area with our laptops while watching tv. Kids and hubby like to nap and do homework here. Something to stash the blanket would be nice.
4.Affordable-maybe something we can find from Ikea/target/Home Good. We are on a very tight budget. I would love to find a dresser to put the TV on but failing that, I would have to put the TV up the wall and make shelving out of wood planks and bricks.

I have a few pieces (such as the art print, ikea mirror and the old wall shelves) that are floating around. I dont know where to place them. I am checking the local Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity but seldom find large furniture such as dresser or cabinet.

Here are the pics:
{{gwi:2137200}}

{{gwi:2137201}}

{{gwi:2137202}}

{{gwi:2137203}}

{{gwi:2137204}}

{{gwi:2137205}}

Eventually, I would like to bring in the Ektorp chair and put it in the corner near the TV, and put the stool in front of the chair.

Any ideas are much appreciated

Comments (3)