SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrisjenn36

Foundation grading and efflorescence

chrisjenn36
9 years ago

Good morning I'm a new to this fourm. I recently bought my first house with my wife it's a small ranch style house with bsmt. I have some efflorescence in some spots in the bsmt like where the front and back steps are ad in some spots where the dirt in the yard is. I know about how to waterproof the outside like dig up all around ur house foundation and seal it on the outside. I don't have lots of water penatration. Just some dampness.i would like to know if It woul be better money wise to just cemnt over the dirt around the house and back yard like four ft out from the house would that stop the water penatration seeping into the bsmt? I know the grand of my yard is slanted to the foundation that is cement that's doing that into the dirt that's right up against my house. So basically I want to know if I cement all the first four ft from my foundation and grade it away from my house and into the lawn would that's work rather then digging up foundation and sealin it. I am looking for the less money spent. But it also has to be effective I want to finish bsmt and want to dry lock it just want to make sure I can go head if it's a good idea to cement the dirt. Around the house. Thank you any information would he helpful

Comments (5)