SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vaquilter

Need kitchen inspiration

vaquilter
9 years ago

We need to redo a small condo kitchen. I've uploaded photos, the existing layout and my three ideas for moving sink and DW without moving the plumbing. Since it's a condo, we are stuck with that where it is. We are pretty much also stuck with the stove and fridge locations (vent is above stove), even though there is not enough space in the aisle between them.

We hate the butterfly sink, neither side is big enough to do anything. We are perfectly happy to have an 18" DW; only 2 of us and we wash pots and pans by hand. Corner at the stove wall has a blind corner cabinet. I thought I wanted a lazy susan cabinet, but after reading the discussion about just closing off the corner, I will rethink that.

The cabinets above the stove will come out. We need to lighten up the living area with the light from the kitchen window. If not cost prohibitive we will lower the bar height half wall between kitchen and living area and extend the counter there to the end of the wall by the stove. And if there's money left, add cabinets under that to open from the dining side.

Thanks for any comments and advice

Here is a link that might be useful: Condo kitchen photos

Comments (11)