SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Relocating and Finding New Services/People/Businesses

DLM2000-GW
9 years ago

If you are moving or have moved to an unfamiliar town or state, how did you find new doctors/dentists, hair stylist/colorist, alterations, builder/handyman, architect, vet, *good* restaurants (we have a knack for finding bad ones!), dry cleaners, shoe repair.... ??

There will be trial and error even with recommendations but I'd like to have a place to start. We're not church goers and that's a large part of life for many people here so right off the bat we are missing a connection and a group to ask. I joined a gym, take classes and see many of the same women several time/week (and they're getting friendlier) - I'm considering printing out a sheet with categories as above and asking them to write down their suggestions - weird? - tacky? We're empty nesters so don't have the school connections, my husband is self employed and business connections are nation wide, not local yet so no one to ask there either.

How have you made the transition? What other things would be on your list to find?

Comments (22)