SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lullabyf360

Nearly 10wks pregnant & have questions

LullabyF360
9 years ago

This is my first pregnancy at 24. I don't have many women in my life I can turn to and ask questions, so please do not be berate me for "being irresponsible by coming here to ask strangers". I posted in another thread and had to have it deleted due to the harassment. Again, I do not have many I can turn to. The few I do have did not experience the things I have questions about. I guess another thing I should cover is there are only a couple of doctors on my insurance, and it's a matter of going with the lesser of two evils. I've already switched doctors once. I could not understand 80% of what he was saying.

At about 5wks I began having the inacurately nicknamed morning sickness. It is not as bad now as it was in the beginning (I was lucky to keep water down). For the past couple of weeks, I am unable to stand for very long, otherwise I get very nauseated and will begin violently dry heaving. I have to sit or lay down for a while until it passes. I have never had motion sickness, so could this be just that? I don't nessecarily have to be doing a lot of activity while standing. Neither does it occur when I initially stand up. Anyone else have this while pregnant? I spoke with my doc. All she said was to eat crackers and not move too quickly. I don't get dizzy, light headed, whoozy, etc.

The other advice I seek are from those who had HBP while pregnant. I've had it since I was a a teenager. It runs in the family. Not once was I ever placed on medication ("because you're too young"). My sodium intake was restricted to 500-800mg a day. Now that I am pregnant, my HBP has become my main concern. My doctor said to not change my sodium intake, even though I'm supposed to have 1,200mg daily for the benefit of me and the fetus (according to her). Should I worry about the low amounts of sodium affecting the baby? My worry has me at a conflict here: I'm worried not enough with affect the baby but too much and I run the risk of sky rocketing my blood pressure and causing problems that way.

Again, this is my first pregnancy, so I'm naturally worring about tons of other things. I'm basically going into this blind, since I don't have family to coach me along.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH