SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_6

AARP Consumer Cellular Phone (Long)

linda_6
9 years ago

Well, that's the first and last time I try to buy something to save a few dollars. We were paying $64 a month for 2 phones, 500 minutes, which we only use maybe 50 at the most. So I seen the ad for Consumer Cellular, 10 a month. I purchased 2 phones $30, each, 200 minutes. Total price would be $26 a month. My husbands phone did not work, so they had to send us another one. The first day my phone worked great. The next day I had no service. When my husband's phone came in, it worked for one day. Then it had the no service. I called them and they had me go through the usual routine, remove the battery, take out the sims card, replace it. Still no service. They said to wait 24 hours then call back if it still didn't work. The next day, still no service on mine, but his worked. Then I tried his again and no service. I finally called them to cancel these and went back to Verizon. Consumer said the reason my phone didn't work was because they gave us the TMobile sims card instead of the ATT sims card. They said they would send these free. I told them no, that we are senior citizens and cannot go without service. We have never had a problem with our Verizon phones, so I guess I'm going to keep paying for the 500 minutes. At least we will have service when we want it.

Comments (13)