SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisashieldspilates

Worth it to upgrade from Hotpoint to Samsung

Hi everyone,

I am a new poster, but I have been reading these forums for years. There are so many wise and generous people able to dispense information and opinions.

I would like to invite everyone to give me their opinions.

I have a hotpoint 30 inch gas range. It's ok. Only one burner is able to boil water. When I first moved in, I called the home warranty company to service it because I thought it was broken. The service man just informed me that's how my range is.

I've been cooking on it for four years now. It's probably 6 years old. It's white and bare bones basic.

The fact that only one burner has power--I just know that and cook around it.

The oven is probably off or weak. I never invested in an oven thermometer. But, I just baked christmas cookies today and for some of the recipes, it took 10-15 minutes longer than the recipe to finish them. Also, I have to watch because the cookie bottoms will burn and then the rest of the cookie will be raw.

It's a basic oven and I cook every day so I am just used to it.

I am considering upgrading to a Samsung 30 inch gas range with convection and a warming drawer. It also has continuous cast iron grates and the weird 5th oval burner.

Is it worth it? Or, if I am not getting a professional range, is it truly not an upgrade?

I would gain, convection, more power in the burners, continuous cast iron grates, warming drawer. I would also get stainless steel.

The rest of my kitchen is gorgeous. Calcatta marble, thomasville cabinets. The people that did the renovation took their good range with them.

Opinions?

Comments (20)